Camden Council - Water Services Contract Manager
Job title: Water Services Contract Manager
Employer: Camden Council
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 40,028.00 per year
Date posted: 10/04/2019
Location: Holmes Road Depot
Salary: £40,028 - £46,431
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
25 days holiday (27 days after 5 years' service)
We are seeking a contract manager to ensure the water services day-to-day repairs and works are identified and remedied. The post holder will ensure that major and planned works are delivered to a high standard of quality, that time and cost is managed and the water services are compliance monitored and controlled.
You will be responsible for managing the term water service contractor ensuring delivery; leading on advice for complex casework from initiation right through to solution ensuring a right first time approach and continuous improvement of services. Planned works could range from inspections on water service defects or major external works involving bespoke solutions.
The role will also require you to carry out routine inspections to establish an appropriate cost effective repair, raise orders, monitor and ensure completion in accordance with the specification and cost.
You will be expected to hold or be working towards The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management qualification and have experience of ensuring that water services works are carried out in compliance with current regulations, health and safety, leasehold issues, party wall and landlords’ statutory obligations.
You will have sound engineering knowledge along with strong commercial awareness applying an entrepreneurial temperament. You will use problem solving skills to identify, analyse, resolve disputes and ensure the delivery of large scale water services planned preventative maintenance and repair programmes on time, to a high standard and within budget requirements.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and negotiation skills as you will be dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
This will be a varied role and will require the knowledge of project management administration, planning, audit quality assurance and evaluation.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Camden’s main offices are located in modern award winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
We want you to love working at Camden. Below are just some of the benefits you can expect when you join us.
- A competitive salary; plus we also reward people for their performance and contribution to the business through our annual variable payment scheme.
- Paying all our staff and contractors at least the London Living Wage (LLW).
- An interest free season ticket/travelcard loan scheme.
- A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme which offers death in service benefits and ill health retirement provisions. Contribution rates start from 5.5% with the contribution rate based on salary. Details of these rates can be found on Camden Councils recruitment website.
- A collection of staff discount and cashback deals available every day of the year, on shops and health clubs, travel and insurance.
- Discounts on products from over 600 of the worlds-leading technology manufacturers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, where savings of between 32% and 42% on the standard retail price of a new bike can be made.
- Corporate rates for membership of GLL - Better Leisure, with a state of the art gym right in the building at 5 Pancras Square.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free Hearing tests, Eye tests and Health checks.
- We offer 25 days' annual leave entitlement plus 2 extra days after 5 years of service and the option to buy additional annual leave (holiday entitlements may vary depending on the job you do).
- Camden has a strong flexible working culture which is critical to the delivery of high quality and value for money service.
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit Camden Councils recruitment website.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role.
When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 0203-691-3991 and we will contact the resourcing team.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th April 2019 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are; 20thMay 2019, 17th June 2019 and 15th July 2019.