Camden Council - Senior Development Manager
Job title: Senior Development Manager
Employer: Camden Council
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 48,332.00 per year
Date posted: 10/04/2019
Location: 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Salary: £48,332 - £59,073
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time, 36 hours per week x 3 positions available
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
“The Community Investment Programme is the London Borough of Camden's ambitious 15-year plan to invest over £1 billion in schools, homes and community facilities in Camden. In total, we’re building 3,050 new homes, including, 1,100 council homes, 300 genuinely affordable homes to rent, investing in 53 schools and children’s centres and providing 9,000m2 of improved community facilities, the equivalent of 35 tennis courts. CIP will also help renovate thousands of existing council homes, as part of the Council’s Better Homes Programme
So far we’ve built 862 homes and with a further 120 currently under construction, 2019 looks to be a very exciting year. We have £30.8m in Mayoral funding to spend on 308 social rent homes and plans for many more. CIP has enabled the Council to invest £115m to date into high-quality new school facilities for children at a time when there has been almost no national funding available. CIP has built new school buildings for Netley and Kingsgate primary schools and also provided new community facilities including the new St Pancras Community Centre and the Greenwood Centre.
We are funding this investment in affordable homes, schools and community facilities by building homes for private sale and by selling buildings and land that we no longer need. The timely and cost efficient delivery of new homes means more money can be reinvested back into Camden – for the benefit of residents today and in the future.
We are now looking to add to our expanding team of driven individuals keen to make a difference.”
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
We want you to love working at Camden. Below are just some of the benefits you can expect when you join us.
- A competitive salary; plus we also reward people for their performance and contribution to the business through our annual variable payment scheme.
- Paying all our staff and contractors at least the London Living Wage (LLW).
- An interest free season ticket/travelcard loan scheme.
- A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme which offers death in service benefits and ill health retirement provisions. Contribution rates start from 5.5% with the contribution rate based on salary. Details of these rates can be found on Camden Councils recruitment website.
- A collection of staff discount and cashback deals available every day of the year, on shops and health clubs, travel and insurance.
- Discounts on products from over 600 of the worlds-leading technology manufacturers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, where savings of between 32% and 42% on the standard retail price of a new bike can be made.
- Corporate rates for membership of GLL - Better Leisure, with a state of the art gym right in the building at 5 Pancras Square.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free Hearing tests, Eye tests and Health checks.
- We offer 25 days' annual leave entitlement plus 2 extra days after 5 years of service and the option to buy additional annual leave (holiday entitlements may vary depending on the job you do).
- Camden has a strong flexible working culture which is critical to the delivery of high quality and value for money service.
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit Camden Councils recruitment website.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role.
When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 0203-691-3991 and we will contact the resourcing team.
Closing dates for applications: Sunday 5th May 2019 23:59
Interviews to be held: W/C 20th May and 28th May 2019
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are 20th May, 17th June and 15th July 2019