Premier Inn - Full Time Chef
Job title: Full Time Chef
Employer: Premier Inn
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 0.00 per hour
Date posted: 17/04/2019
Location: Premier Inn London St Pancras
Hours: Shift Work (Monday-Sunday)
Your role is to work with our teams to provide great breakfasts & dinner for our guests in line with company standards, stock controls and legal obligations to delight our guests and protect them and our reputation by:
- Serving fantastic quality breakfast on time, every time; ensuring great guest experiences.
- Always working a perfect guest focused shift by producing food of the highest quality and standards in line with company brand specifications.
- Ensuring all guest interactions are warm, welcoming and genuine.
- Providing a safe environment for our teams and our guests.
- Providing feedback on any food quality issues to the Suppliers.
- Communicating, liaising and demonstrating personal commitment to work as part of the team
- Communicating effectively with the breakfast team and enabling them to succeed.
- Supporting new people joining the breakfast team giving them the skills and confidence to excel
- Coaching and developing the breakfast team to provide great products and great guest service
- Identifying poor performance and supporting your OM to address issues.
- Continually looking to develop yourself and (where applicable) the breakfast team.
- Completing all stock control procedures in line with policy to manage kitchen consumables.
- Using company systems and policies to control kitchen spend and cost to turn sales into profit
- Supporting your Operations Manager to order appropriate breakfast stock.
- Relentlessly taking action required to prevent, minimise and understand guest complaints
- Implementing legal compliance or breakfast team member training.
- Working with the breakfast team to achieve optimum kitchen productivity.
- Being committed to energy saving initiatives and seeking ways to reduce our carbon footprint -constantly looking for ways to reduce our utilities consumption and site waste.
- Communicating our Good Together successes to the breakfast team.
- Supporting Whitbread’s chosen charity: recommending and participating in fund raising.
- Fully complying with food and health and safety policies and procedures keeping our team and guests safe at all times.
- Working with your OM to provide a safe place to work and a CMI compliant kitchen.
- Providing a safe environment for our guests following food safety, health and safety procedures.
- Fully complying with all finance policies and procedures.
- Exercising personal care and responsibility towards yourself and others.
- Reporting and recording hazards, accidents or near misses.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of any incidents in line with Company policy and legal requirements.
- Expert understanding of cooking (Essential)
- Good verbal communication (Essential)
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change (Essential)
- Self-motivated and engages well with others (Essential)
- Optimistic/driven in the face of short-term setbacks (Essential)
- Problem solving (Essential)
- Basic technology skills (Essential)
- Food handling and control (Essential)
- Delivering results to achieve success (Essential)
- Customer driven (Essential)
- Taking responsibility (Essential)
- Maths and English GCSE education or equivalent (Desirable)
- Food hygiene (Desirable)
- Health and safety (Desirable)
- Planning and organising (Desirable)
- Hotel/restaurant operations (Desirable)
- Building relationships (Desirable)
- Managing others (Desirable)
Offering competitive pay rates, excellent discounts across our Premier Inn, restaurant and Costa Coffee brands! Not forgetting additional benefits that come part of the package.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Ready to make a difference for customers, colleagues and your career?