Ruby Violet - Chef & Ice Cream Maker
Job title: Chef & Ice Cream Maker
Employer: Ruby Violet
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 0.00 per hour
Date posted: 14/05/2019
Chef & Ice Cream Maker
£9.00-£11.00 per hour
We create exciting and innovative ice creams and sorbets in Tufnell Park using only the best quality ingredients and production methods which we serve from our parlours in Tufnell Park and Kings Cross.
We are looking for someone with a passion to work in the kitchen to join our friendly team. Ideal applicants might have a background in pastries, speciality desserts, food design, have attended formal chef training or something similar. The right applicant will be a motivated hard worker with excellent interpersonal skills and high standards. The candidate must be willing to roll up their sleeves and help wherever needed in our small but growing business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Doing what is required to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly & high standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Churning ice cream and sorbet.
- Baking biscuits, sponge cake, meringues and other treats.
- Creating ice cream cakes and bombes, including decoration.
- Cleaning, inventory and purchasing.
- Preparing our food products for professional photography.
- Occasionally serving customers and helping out around the parlour with opening/closing duties.
The successful applicant will receive the relevant training to complete all aspects to a high standard.
- Fluent English.
- Previous kitchen experience
- Level 2 Food & Hygiene certificate (you can get this online).
- Valid work permit/visa for the UK.
- Love of ice cream.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, in particular evenings and weekends. June-August are our high season, which means we need all hands on deck. If you have long vacation planned during this time this job will not be right for you.
We've been featured in The Guardian, Conde Nast, GQ, FT, London Evening Standard, Sunday Times, Time Out, Olive Magazine and more...
- Discounts on our Ice Cream.
- A great team to work with.
- Excellent outings and a relaxed but dedicated team culture
We are always on the lookout for people with flair and experience to join our team in the kitchen, the office and front of house, so if you think you may have what it takes please upload a copy of your CV.