The Standard Hotel - Staff Canteen Assistant (Full Time)
Job title: Staff Canteen Assistant (Full Time)
Employer: The Standard Hotel
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 8.21 per hour
Date posted: 31/05/2019
As Canteen Assistant you are responsible for running and maintaining our Staff Canteen. Hence you are in charge of supervising and overseeing the canteen, ensuring that each food service runs smoothly. You will also take care of cleaning and maintaining the canteen area, operating under the guidance of your Supervisor to ensure it is in inspection ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
You have a flexible and hands-on operational approach in order to prioritise work and stay composed under pressurised situations. And last but definitely not least, you present a positive and joyful attitude toward your team and colleagues in other departments.
Do you have what it takes to be a Canteen Assistant at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Canteen Assistant is always useful, all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need…
- A proven background with related experience preferred, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexibility approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a fulltime role; however, we have many opportunities for those seeking a more flexible working schedule
- Good understanding of health and safety, manual handling and COSHH
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Canteen Assistant, we’d love to meet with you at our forthcoming open days.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.