Camden Council - HS2 Community Liaison Assistant
Job title: HS2 Community Liaison Assistant
Employer: Camden Council
Job type: Fixed Term
Pay: 25,880.00 per year
Date posted: 09/07/2019
Location: 5 Pancras Square
Salary: £25,880 - £27,904
Contract Type: 2 year Fixed Term Contracts x 2 positions available, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
About the role
The London Borough of Camden is located in the heart of London. High Speed Two (HS2) and the redevelopment of Euston Station are expected to affect our residents and communities. However, the Council intends to make sure that everyone in our communities can continue to live healthy, happy and safe lives whilst the construction takes place.
To help us to give the best support to residents near the HS2 construction sites, Camden is recruiting for Community Liaison roles. We are looking for motivated and committed individuals who are prepared to achieve high standards of customer care.
The Community Liaison Officer will manage two assistants. The key role of the team is to work with and support all residents, community groups and local businesses. By doing so they will ensure everyone has access to the right information from the Council and from HS2 and other organisations working in the area.
The successful applicants must understand individual concerns about their home and neighbourhood and be able to raise these issues on their behalf. You will be aware of community issues and able to unite the parties concerned to achieve common goals.
The work is largely face-to-face and based on the estates. Whether by phone, email, social media, home visit, office interview or meetings, you will provide a listening ear and be confident to respond in busy and some stressful circumstances.
You will also have sound judgement and the ability to prioritise your work, drawing on other services to assist you.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
We want you to love working at Camden. Below are just some of the benefits you can expect when you join us.
- A competitive salary; plus we also reward people for their performance and contribution to the business through our annual variable payment scheme.
- Paying all our staff and contractors at least the London Living Wage (LLW).
- An interest free season ticket/travelcard loan scheme.
- A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme which offers death in service benefits and ill health retirement provisions. Contribution rates start from 5.5% with the contribution rate based on salary. Details of these rates can be found on Camden Councils recruitment website.
- A collection of staff discount and cashback deals available every day of the year, on shops and health clubs, travel and insurance.
- Discounts on products from over 600 of the worlds-leading technology manufacturers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, where savings of between 32% and 42% on the standard retail price of a new bike can be made.
- Corporate rates for membership of GLL - Better Leisure, with a state of the art gym right in the building at 5 Pancras Square.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free Hearing tests, Eye tests and Health checks.
- We offer 25 days' annual leave entitlement plus 2 extra days after 5 years of service and the option to buy additional annual leave (holiday entitlements may vary depending on the job you do).
- Camden has a strong flexible working culture which is critical to the delivery of high quality and value for money service.
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit Camden Councils recruitment website.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role.
When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 0203-691-3991 and we will contact the resourcing team.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th July 2019 23:59
Interviews to be held: W/C 12th August 2019
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are; 19thAugust, 16th September, and 21st October 2019