KX Recruit - KX Estates - Trainee Property Manager
Job title: KX Estates - Trainee Property Manager
Employer: KX Recruit
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 20,572.00 per year
Date posted: 10/07/2019
KX Estates - Trainee Property Manager
KX Estates is offering the chance for a Camden/Islington resident, former Camden/Islington secondary school student or Camden/Islington care leaver to become a Trainee Property Manager.
- Salary: £20,572 per year
- Contract length: 18 months
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Based: Kings Cross
- Application deadline: Midnight – Wednesday 7 August
- Employer interview: End of August
- Start date: September 2019
About KX Estates
The public areas and many of the buildings on the Kings Cross estate are managed and maintained by King’s Cross Estate Services. This dedicated team is committed to keeping King’s Cross clean, well-maintained, well-lit and secure day and night. The team respond quickly to issues or concerns and are also involved in organising and managing events and activities.
About the role
As a Trainee Property Manager, you will learn how to oversee the day to day operations of buildings. This will include health & safety, building repairs and maintenance as well as customer services provided to building occupiers such as cleaning, security & reception and landscaping. You will learn how to ensure that Landlords and Managing Agents such us ourselves comply with current laws and regulations. You will receive training in how to work within a budget and maintain accurate records of all expenditure and relating paperwork.
Training will be provided in all aspects of the work. Your tasks will include:
- Completing a Housing and Property Management Assistant Level 2 apprenticeship qualification
- Reviewing permits for requests to carry out construction work
- Updating the building log book with details of how a property operates
- Processing and managing service charge documentation
- Assisting the Property Manager to source goods and services within a specified budget
What skills do you need for this role?
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic IT Skills
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop
- The ability to work well in a team
- A professional approach to work
To apply for this role, you must:
- Be a 18 + year old Camden/Islington resident, Camden/Islington care leaver or former Camden/Islington secondary school student.
- Have been resident in the UK / EU for the last 3 years.
- Have relevant ID proving your right to work in the UK.