King's Cross Estate Services - Fire Command Centre Officer
Job title: Fire Command Centre Officer
Employer: King's Cross Estate Services
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 11.14 per hour
Date posted: 05/08/2019
Are you a Security Officer looking for a new career?
Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting a new team of Fire Command Centre Officers to join our team working across the redeveloped Kings Cross Estate.
As the FCC officer and a member of the Security team, you play a vital role in the safety of the public and tenants within your respective building. Your duties will include the monitoring of the fire panel interface and CCTV systems.
What you get:
• Excellent salary of £11.14 per hour.
• Permanent contract of employment.
• Training, Support and Personal Development.
• Enrolment into the company’s pension scheme and staff discounts on several retail stores, restaurants, travel companies, and much more.
• SIA Badge renewal covered by Allied Universal Ltd.
• Full uniform provided.
What we want:
• A valid CCTV License.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience in monitoring CCTV and Fire Panels.
• Be responsive to the client’s needs and work in partnership with the client and other suppliers to support the delivery of the services.
• Strong knowledge of site processes and procedures, and aptitude for learning and applying such.
• Set an example of efficiency, sobriety, discretion, professionalism, and promptness. Never use abusive language or act arbitrarily when dealing with team members or employees.
Shifts Include: 4on & 4off shift pattern, will include day shifts (07:00 – 19:00) and night shifts (19:00 – 07:00).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitoring the fire panel interface, sprinkler heads and smoke detectors, acting promptly to any activations and notifying to the FOH team for immediate investigation.
• Monitoring CCTV systems and completing daily audits on camera functionality.
• Recording any faults or persistent failures that arise on the fire panel and reporting them to your line manager.
• Monitoring the e-mail system and responding to requests promptly.
• Issuing of equipment to your security building team, ensuring that logs are accurately kept, and faults reported when they occur.
• Key control for your building.
• Permit control, signing off permits and monitoring and liaising with contractors working in your building.
• Daily tasks to include (but not limited to) report writing, audits and daily building checks.
• Monitoring radio protocols and proceedings.
• Monitoring of your building access control systems, issuing replacement or temporary cards where necessary.
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for this role.
A.U Recruit is an equal opportunity employer