Doubletree by Hilton Islington - Kitchen Porter
Job title: Kitchen Porter
Employer: Doubletree by Hilton Islington
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 0.00 per hour
Date posted: 02/12/2019
Salary: This role is paid at The National Minimum Wage.
Do you want to excite the world of Hospitality?
We bring together a portfolio of Hotel assets and brands under a common philosophy centered around delivering exceptional customer experiences, nurturing talent and smart investment to drive superior performance and growth.
What will I be doing?
As a Steward / Kitchen Porter, you will oversee the hotel back-of-house operation by ensuring proper maintenance of all operating equipment and dish washing machines and providing the highest level of attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of all food and storage outlets. Specifically, the Steward / Kitchen Porter will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean and keep tidy the restaurant(s), kitchen(s) and all food outlets within the hotel
- Keep storerooms clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure hygiene and health and safety standards are met at all times
- Work with the kitchen to provide excellent service to our Guests
What are we looking for?
A Steward / Kitchen Porter is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience handling and working with chemicals
- A valid and current (proof may be required) qualification in food hygiene or similar
- A passion for providing great service
- A professional attitude and string work ethic
- Ability to perform in a team and autonomously
What will it be like to work for Amaris Hospitality?
Amaris Hospitality operates branded hotels in key locations across the UK and Ireland. We offer our employees excellent opportunities to grow and develop within our portfolio along with the following benefits:
- Staff, Friends & Family discount within Amaris Portfolio of hotels and also within the International brand you would work within.
- Food & Beverage discount.
- Modern, stylish uniforms.
- Meals on duty.
- Social calendar of events.
- Learning & Development for all levels.