Hopscotch - Admin and Finance Assistant
Job title: Admin and Finance Assistant
Job type: Permanent
Pay: 22,377.00 per year
Date posted: 11/06/2020
Main Purpose of the JobThe Finance Assistant will provide generalist and administrative support to the Finance Manager. The Admin and Financial Assistant will responsible for day-to-day financial administration across the organisation. This will involve providing support with various tasks including preparation of payments and expenses.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide day to day administrative and financial support to the Finance Manager, including maintaining and updating finance system and database.
- Check and scrutinize invoices for accuracy.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices. 5. Matching webroster information to external purchase orders.
- Working with the finance department to ensure information for Homecare invoices is accurate and input on a timely basis.
- Dealing with Homecare purchase order and invoicing queries.
- Assisting with Homecare credit control.
- Liaising with London Borough of Camden and Homecare Manager on Homecare variation reports and resolving issues to satisfactory conclusion.
- Attend finance department and organisation wide meetings.
- Assist with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
- Work as part of a team and contribute to achieving organisation’s goals.
- Liaise with all staff to ensure that all relevant information is collected accurately.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager as and when required.
- Keep up to date and accurate information on learners.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- Ensure that all the necessary information and data is included in the files.
- Collate statistical information for reports.
- Collating, coding and processing of invoices including raising purchase orders, filling payment request forms and entries to the accounting system.
- Manage the petty cash including monthly reconciliation.
- Responsible for the purchase and sales ledger posting in Sage50 system
- Assist Finance Manager with cash book maintenance and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with preparing payroll for the Homecare department and resolving payroll queries proactively in a timely manner.
- To participate in his/her own appraisal with their line manager.
- To work with the line manager to review professional development and undertake training as agreed.
- To contribute through Hopscotch team meetings, training and outreach/events to the development of Hopscotch services
- Adhere to Hopscotch’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Health & Safety Policy and Confidentiality Policy at all times
- Any others duties which are considered commensurate with the post.
Essential Skills You Should Have
- Experience Experience of working in a highly pressurised and busy office environment.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of projects in the community sector, preferably EU-funded projects.
- Experience and understanding of working with vulnerable communities particularly disadvantaged BAME women.
- Experience of accurate record-keeping and filing, both electronic and paper.
- Experience of using an accounting package preferably Sage.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, professionals and colleagues on the telephone and face to face.
- Ability to prioritise and organise a busy workload.
- Good standard of written and spoken English and the ability to write letters, emails and fill in forms accurately.
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to manage petty cash.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Knowledge Knowledge of equal opportunities and its importance in the workplace.
- Understanding of good practice in teamwork.
- A commitment to occasional out of hours working at evenings and weekends.
- A willingness to take on extra responsibilities and attend training in order to facilitate own personal development.